- About AMP
- AMP Community
- Art News & Media
- Online Resources
- Websites We Like
- AMP Newsletter Archives
- Search AMP
Moving Arts Seeks Director of Development
Moving Arts, an award-winning, non-profit theatre company, is seeking a
Director of Development to build its development program. This position
is a great opportunity for someone who wants to grow with an established
Los Angeles theatre company as we celebrate 20 years of producing new
works in Los Angeles.
The primary responsibility of this position is to plan, implement and
oversee all aspects of development, including: an annual fundraising
campaign, grants, corporate and individual giving, and sponsorships. The
first order of business will be the funding of our upcoming 20th
Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Fundraising: Create and execute a comprehensive annual
fundraising plan, including an online giving program; work with the
board of directors and supervise company members in fundraising efforts;
plan and oversee organization of special events.
· Grants: Research new grant opportunities and manage their
completion, oversee all grant reporting deadlines, develop and track
proposals and reports for foundations.
· Giving: Cultivate and maintain relationships with donors,
using the Patron Manager program to track donations; seek opportunities
for corporate giving.
· Sponsorships: Solicit corporate, business and community
· Meet annual goals as approved by the board of directors;
report to Managing Director with monthly progress report.
· Oversee the production of all development documents and
· Attend company meetings (and board meetings, as necessary).
· Bachelor's degree (preferred)
· Demonstrated experience in development or related field
· Knowledge of development principles and fundraising
techniques, including online and social media tools
· Strong organizational, managerial, interpersonal and
· Knowledge of Patron Manager is a plus but not required as
we can train you on this platform
This position pays a yearly stipend of $1,750.
The time commitment generally ranges from 2-10 hours per week, will be
more during fundraising campaign/event periods.
Candidates should have their own laptop computer.
Interested applicants should provide a cover letter explaining why you
would like to work with Moving Arts, a resume, and two writing samples.
To apply, please submit all materials in PDF format to
firstname.lastname@example.org (saraDOTwagnerATmovingartsDOTorg) with
"Director of Development" in the subject heading. Submissions
will be accepted through Monday, July 16, 2012.
from LA Culture Net