- About AMP
- AMP Community
- Art News & Media
- Online Resources
- Websites We Like
- AMP Newsletter Archives
- Search AMP
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking an Education Programs Manager
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Manager will work closely with the Department Director to drive large departmental projects, oversee some key departmental staff and the Education budget. Key programmatic responsibility includes the YOLA Neighborhood Project school residencies and event day, teaching artist professional development, curriculum and resource materials, and the summer program for children at the Hollywood Bowl.
• Oversee the Education Assistant, Young Musicians Programs Manager, and the Education and Community Events Manager.
• Drive departmental budgeting and department-wide projects/initiatives.
• Lead the development of curricular materials, teaching resources, and program book activities.
• Develop and implement a program-specific professional development series for LA Phil teaching artist faculty
• Recruit, hire, and manage school program-related teaching artist faculty.
• Identify, recruit, and maintain relationships with YOLA Neighborhood Project schools.
• Negotiate and finalize school and teaching artist contract terms.
• Research and develop relationships in school districts, schools, and YOLA communities that will benefit the LA Phil.
• Collaborate with YOLA to develop the school portion of the YOLA Neighborhood Project, including creating an annual YOLA Neighborhood Project Day.
• Guide appropriate documentation of school programs, including budgeting, evaluation, and assessment.
• Assess, develop, and produce the summer program for children at the Hollywood Bowl.
• Develop and update school-related content for brochures, fact sheets, LA Phil website, and the LA Phil Development Department.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Other duties as assigned which could include but are not limited to assisting peer Program Managers as needed, supporting company-wide educational and community initiatives, and related communications, pre-concert and concert duty, etc.
• A minimum of five years of experience in an arts organization working in the field of music education
• Experience managing full time staff
• Degree in music education preferred, with orchestral music knowledge
• Experience working with teachers, schools, and school systems
• Familiarity with LAUSD arts education initiatives preferred
• Knowledge of current trends and music standards in education at a national and state level
• Experience in building a teaching artist faculty/supporting teaching artists
• Ability to lead and facilitate teams of musicians and teachers to write curricula
• Ability to facilitate planning and consensus building conversations
• Ability to work well on a team and in a high-pressure, multi-tasking environment
• Professional proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
How to apply:
To apply, you must write "Education Programs Manager - laculturenet" in the subject line of your email or written prominently on your faxed or mailed submission. Please send resume, cover letter AND SALARY HISTORY to:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
from LA Culture Net