- About AMP
- AMP Community
- Art News & Media
- Online Resources
- Websites We Like
- AMP Newsletter Archives
- Search AMP
As a grantmaker devoted to active philanthropy, The Sheri and Les Biller Family Foundation is committed to partnering with exceptional theatre organizations whose work contributes to the cultural vibrancy of Los Angeles. We strive to reward organizations that have given significant thought to their long-term viability and who have distinguished themselves from other theatres.
We are proud to support an Award for Los Angeles-based non-profit theatres in recognition of their innovative strategies to fulfilling their mission. Applications will be evaluated on the following criteria: 1) demonstration of the organization's ability to think creatively and aspirationally; 2) quality of how ideas are articulated and 3) ability of organization to differentiate itself from other Los Angeles theatre organizations.
Who Can Apply?
1. Non-profit theatre organizations based in Los Angeles County
2. Organizations with operating revenue for the most recently-completed fiscal year between $100,000 and $3 million
3. Organizations that have completed the California Cultural Data Project and the LA Stage Arts Census
4. Organizations with a primary focus of producing theatre, and a history of at least two consecutive years of doing so
- September 5, 2012: Tweetup with @BillerFamFdtn to answer application questions at 11:30 am
- September 21, 2012: Proposals due by 5 pm via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- September 24 -
October 26, 2012: Proposals reviewed, organizations contacted with any follow-up questions
- November 12, 2012: Grantees announced and donations made
How Award Funds Can be Used
* Award funds cannot be used to fund new staff positions
* Award funds cannot fund the purchase or construction of a theatre venue
* Award funds must cover expenses for activities around artistic programming and must take place between December 1, 2012 and June 30, 2013 (and can extend beyond this timeframe)
* Do not call the Biller Family Foundation with questions about your application
Application can be found at: http://www.billerfamilyfoundation.org/public/system/awards/6/original/Be...
from LA Culture Net