- About AMP
- AMP Community
- Art News & Media
- Online Resources
- Websites We Like
- AMP Newsletter Archives
- Search AMP
Application Deadline: January 11, 2011
The California Community Foundation will award $280,000 in Fellowships for Visual Artists to 15 Los Angeles individual artists. Eleven fellowships at $20,000 each will be awarded to mid-career artists and four fellowships at $15,000 each will be awarded to emerging artists.
The Center for Cultural Innovation (CCI), in partnership with The James
Irvine Foundation and The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, is now
offering the following grant opportunities that you may be eligible to apply
for through the Creative Capacity Fund:
1) NextGen Professional Development Grants: Provides grant opportunities up
to $1,000 for eligible emerging arts leaders to take workshops, attend
conferences or work with career coaches or management consultants.
Applications are due on the 15th of the month with a one month turnaround.
To be eligible, individuals must:
• Be between the ages of 18-35, at the time of application
• Be currently working with a California nonprofit arts organization as an
administrator, artist or board member
Applications are due by 5:00PM: Thursday, January 20, 2011 REDCAT is seeking original performance works for the next edition of Studio, REDCAT’s quarterly series of new works in progress in dance, theater, music, performance art and multidisciplinary. If you have a project 15 minutes or under and would like to be considered – apply now. Showings: Saturday, January 29, 2011
Performance dates: Saturday & Sunday, February 19 – 20, 2011 | 8:30PM Visit our website http://www.redcat.org/artist-opportunities and complete the online application. Help us spread the word by forwarding this email to fellow artists. For questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org
from LA Culture Net
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
We are pleased to announce that The Kenneth A. Picerne Foundation is now accepting Artist Outreach Project Grant applications. This grant supports accomplished visual, literary and performing artists, 55 years of age or older, who are motivated to give back to their community. The Foundation will award up to twenty artists $12,000 to provide educational, mentoring or therapeutic art experiences of their own design to underserved people who lack opportunities to engage in meaningful arts programs.
The Los Angeles County Arts Commission and Ford Theatre Foundation seek a full-time development associate. This new position will support the Arts Commission's Ford Theatres and Arts for All arts education collaborative in achieving development goals.
* Conducts research on grant opportunities and makes recommendations on funders to approach to support Arts for All and the Ford Theatres
* Interfaces with team members and conducts site visits to gather pertinent information to produce high quality proposals for new and continuing grant opportunities, as well as interim and final grant reports
* Develops systems and protocols to manage and track grant awards
* Writes all correspondence regarding grant administration
Athens Video Art Festival 2011 - Call for entries
Submissions must be sent until the 10th of February 2011
Continuing its route through the world of digital arts Athens Video Art Festival starts its journey for 2011 with the annual call for entries.
Submit and present your artwork for its 7th official organization that will take place during springtime in Athens and a tour across Greece will follow it up.
There is neither an entry cost nor a thematic limitation, whereas the categories are:
Video Art – Video Installations – Installations – Animation Digital Image – Performance Art – Web Art
The City of Brea Art Gallery's 26th Annual Made in California Exhibition is an open juried competition. California artists are invited to enter all media, styles and subject matters for this exhibit. Fine art only, please; no crafts will be accepted. The juror wil select approximately 80 works, which will be displayed in the City of Brea Art Gallery for five weeks. This is an excellent opportunity to sell your art, as well as fain exposure and recognition.
Entry Deadline: Friday, January 21, 2011
All artists residing in California are eligible to enter. All entries must be original and have been executed within the past two years. Works must not have been shown previously in this Gallery. Media: oil, watercolor, acrylic, drawings, mixed media, graphics, photography, video and sculptures (50 lbs. or under). Please no crafts or functional art.
For more information and to download our prospectus, visit our website: www.breagallery.com
OPEN CALL to all young men interested in volunteering to perform live as part of Ms Davis's MOCA performance/installation on January 22, 2011!
* Ms. Davis seeks young enthusiastic vibrant boy beauties of all colors, shapes, and sizes!
* For this performance, Ms. Davis is looking for young people with no tattoos or piercings
* No Experience Necessary!
* Applicants should send:
* a brief letter of interest describing themselves and their desire to participate
* a full body photo and picture of your face
* contact information (name, email, phone, best time to reach you)
* Applications are due by January 10, 2011
* Email all applications to Suzanne Isken: email@example.com>
Thanks to Linda Vallejo for posting this on LA Culture Net.
FEDERAL FUNDING SOURCES IN A VARIETY OF TOPICS
Federal Grants Wire http://www.federalgrantswire.com/
ARTS AND CULTURE
National Endowment for the Arts - http://www.nea.gov/
State Arts Agencies - http://www.nasaa-arts.org/new/nasaa/aoa/aoa_contents.shtml
Artdeadline - http://artdeadline.com/
Art Deadlines List - http://artdeadlineslist.com