- About AMP
- AMP Community
- Art News & Media
- Online Resources
- Websites We Like
- AMP Newsletter Archives
- Search AMP
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking an Education Assistant
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
Responsible for the coordination and administration of the Philharmonic Association's education programs, including assisting the Director of Educational Initiatives and the Director of Community Affairs, offering general administrative support to departmental program managers, coordinating production aspects of Toyota Symphonies for Youth, and developing written materials and PowerPoint presentations for internal and external use.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Act as main education and community department contact, routing or responding to all Education inbox email and phone inquiries.
• Maintain Outlook contacts and other general contact lists for the department.
• Schedule meetings, coordinate travel arrangements, and drive select phone and email correspondence for the Director of Educational Initiatives and the Director of Community Affairs.
• Develop sophisticated communication materials including fact sheets, program descriptions, visual reports and PowerPoint presentations.
• Collect information from program managers and update the LA Phil Education and Community website pages.
• Coordinate the administrative aspects of Toyota Symphonies for Youth such as scheduling meetings and rehearsals, administering artist contracts, documenting productions, etc.
• Facilitate the production of the Toyota Symphonies for Youth program book and pre-concert activities.
• Regular and reliable attendance
• Other duties as assigned which could include but are not limited to assisting Education and Community staff as needed, supporting company-wide educational and community initiatives, and related communications, pre-concert and concert duty, etc.
• Bachelors Degree required
• A minimum of two years of experience in an arts organization working in the field of arts education
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Detail-oriented and highly organized
• Professional proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Orchestral music and music education knowledge
• Works well under pressure in a fast-paced work environment
• Able to work cooperatively in a small workplace environment
• Positive attitude, flexible
• Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed
How to apply:
To apply, you must write "Education Assistant - laculturenet" in the subject line of your email or written prominently on your faxed or mailed submission. Please send resume, cover letter AND SALARY HISTORY to:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
from LA Culture Net